A book by any other name would sound as sweet

A book by any other name would sound as sweet

Hey Everyone!

With the combination of my Mother-in-law's recommendation, the TV series beginning and a buddy read in NBRC on Goodreads, I decided to read Outlander by Diana Garbaldon. I searched the catalogue of my local library but I couldn't find it. There were lots of other books by Diana Garbaldon, so I expected to find it. After a little more research, I discovered that the first book in the Outlander series was published as Cross Stitch in the UK - and also in Australia. Found it! Read it, and here's my review.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't usually read historical fiction, but it was recommended to me by my Mother-in-law and with the TV series starting, I thought I'd check it out.

I enjoyed the descriptive writing style and the dynamic between Claire and Jamie. I was expecting more jumping between time lines though.

There was lots of action, of both the combative and romantic nature.

This is the first book in a series, in some countries it is called Cross Stitch. I may read the next book at some point.
  • Where: Local Library
  • Format: paperback
There are many other books, movies etc that have different names in different countries. Here is a link to a wikipedia list with many of them.

Purchase links