Freeding with Overdrive

Freeding with Overdrive

Hey Everyone!

Another place I access free ebooks via my local library from the comfort of my own home is +Overdrive. Many libraries around the world use Overdrive to access ebooks and audiobooks, my library only uses it for ebooks though. Overdrive has a different selection of books to Borrowbox, so I check them both when I'm looking for a particular book. A nice feature of Overdrive is that it gives you a list of book that it recommends for you based on the books you have previously borrowed. There is also an option to request a book from your library if they don't have it. My library recently bought The Rosie Effect on my request, though I had already found the paperback at a different branch by the time the ebook was available. One I got from Overdrive, read and discussed back in April is:


Orphan TrainOrphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not usually drawn to historical fiction, but I decided to give this a go for an online book club discussion in NBRC. It was better than I was expecting and I really enjoyed it.

The story crossed between the present day with a family fostering a child and the late 1920's during the depression when orphan trains were used to deliver orphans to new homes in the country. The two stories come together at the end. There was a little underlying suspense in the plot to see how these two stories were going to come together. I found the characters likable.
Purchase links
Amazon Kobo icon

Overdrive is available through your browser or as an app for your apple, android or windows phone, or even as an app for your nook ereader.