Speedfreeding

Speedfreeding

Hey Everyone!

So if freeding is reading books for free, efreeding is reading ebooks for free and audiofreeding is reading audiobooks for free, then speedfreeding is reading free books really really fast!

Speed reading is basically the ability to read and comprehend faster than that little voice inside your head that reads aloud to you. That little voice is called sub vocalisation. There are different techniques for speed reading. The one to become popular most recently is called Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP). It is a process where one word at a time is flashed up on the screen. 

I love playing with gadgets and apps, so I decided to try out some of the android speed reading apps (the free ones of course). The one I like the most is fast reader. I started off at 300 words per minute and I've worked up to 650 words per minute. I find any faster than that and I lose comprehension. The features I like most are:

  • Free
  • Adjustable speed
  • Clear background while reading - no distractions
  • When you pause, the surrounding text is visible so you can reread something you missed
  • TXT, EPUB and PDF file supported
  • Very cool ninja icon!



app, android freeding, speedfreeding, speed reading