Not happily ever after

Not happily ever after

Hey Everyone!

I was scrolling through Overdrive, looking for another book to read to my kids and downloaded this one. After reading the first page, it was so sad and scary for my super sensitive kids that I had to put it away and find something else to read them. I did read the rest of it myself and from an older perspective I could appreciate the story more. Here's my review.


The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1)The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book one in a series entitled "A Series of Unfortunate Events", so do not expect a positive story with a happy ending. It took me a little while to get into this book, as it was so depressing. I did find the humour in the "Murphy's Law - everything that could go wrong, did" after a while. I enjoyed the definitions of words scattered through the story - a good way to increase the vocabulary, but I think it would get on my nerves if it continues throughout the whole series.
Purchase links
Amazon |  Kobo icon