More Sword Girl series by Frances Watts

More Sword Girl series by Frances Watts

Hey Everyone!

My kids and I have been devouring the Sword Girl series! We were looking for something to read after we finished the Secret Seven series. My son loves mystery books and I love a bit of magic. This series has been a perfect blend of fantasy and mystery. I think I have enjoyed reading it as much as the kids have enjoyed listening to me read. Here are our reviews of the last three books.

The Siege ScareThe Siege Scare by Frances Watts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book 4 in the Sword Girl series. I read this aloud to my 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son as a bedtime story over three nights. This one had my son worried for the safety of Tommy and Lil the cat. (We have now named my daughter's black and white toy cat "Lil"). A great story, but not necessarily relaxing reading at bedtime as my son kept leaping out of bed every time something exciting happened (which was quite a lot).


The Terrible Trickster (Sword Girl)The Terrible Trickster by Frances Watts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book 5 in the Sword Girl series. I read this aloud to my 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son as a bedtime story over a few nights. It was the blurb from this book that I read to my son to see if he liked the idea of reading this series. He has asked every book so far "Is this the one with the tricks?". He was so excited when I finally said yes. He had fun making predictions as to who he thought the trickster was. The trickster was tricky enough that I didn't guess who it was until all the clues were revealed.


Pigeon problems (Sword Girl)Pigeon problems by Frances Watts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book 6 and the final book in the Sword Girl series. I read this aloud to my 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son as a bedtime story over a few nights. My son really enjoyed predicting what he thought was going to happen next and got very excited when he was right. He was glad when Tommy stopped to look for the pidgeon because "friends are more important than winning". Both kids were sad to hear that this was the last book in the series and they would both like to read them all again one day.
  • Where: Borrowbox
  • Format: ebook
Here are our review for the First three Sword Girl books.

Purchase links
Amazon | Kobo icon