Never Look Back by Clare Donoghue

Never Look Back by Clare Donoghue

He's watching. He's waiting. He knows.

Three women have been found brutally murdered in south London, the victims only feet away from help during each sadistic attack. And the killer is getting braver . . .

Sarah Grainger is rapidly becoming too afraid to leave her house. Once an outgoing photographer, she knows that someone is watching her. A cryptic note brings everything into terrifying focus, but it’s the chilling phone calls that take the case to another level.

DI Mike Lockyer heads up the regional murder squad. With three bodies on his watch, and a killer growing in confidence, he frantically tries to find the link between these seemingly isolated incidents. What he discovers will not only test him professionally but will throw his personal life into turmoil too.
 






Hey! Here's my review.

This is the first book in the Mike Lockyer series and the first book I have read by this author. I listened to the audiobook version, narrated my Imogen Church and Karl Prekopp. They both did a great job and it was interesting to hear the female POV in a female voice and the male POV in a male voice. The Brittish accents fit the setting.

This crime thriller kept me guessing until the end. Just when I thought I had worked it out, new evidence pointed things in a different direction. I found the characters likable (well, the good ones at least - the stalker guy is creepy!) I also enjoyed meeting Mike's brother who has autism and seeing how kind and caring the staff at the assisted living centre were.


★★★
Purchase links  
Amazon Kobo iconiTunes | iBooks