This Girl by Colleen Hoover

This Girl by Colleen Hoover

There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.
 




Hey! Here's my review.

This is the third and final book in the Slammed series. You really need to read the first two before this one to understand the context and inside jokes. When I started reading and realised that most of this book was Layken and Will reminiscing about their courtship and therefore rehashing the first two books, I was a bit disappointed.

Layken and Will are on their honeymoon, and Layken asks Will to "tell me about" then it goes to a flashback from Will's POV. I thought "here we go again", but then I got completely swept up in it all. Even though I knew most of what was going to happen, I still laughed and I still cried. There was some new information and a different perspective of what had happened, so it helped me understand the characters better. I was wanting more of what happened next, and the epilogue gave me all that I really needed. Even though it wasn't quite what I was expecting, if I can connect to a book on such an emotional level, it deserves 5 stars from me.
 


★★★★
Purchase links
 Amazon Kobo | iconiTunes | iBooks