Love and Muddy Puddles by Cecily Anne Paterson

Love and Muddy Puddles by Cecily Anne Paterson

Thirteen year old fashionista Coco Franks has finally made it into the popular group when her dad decides to move the whole family to the country so they can 'bond'. Social death is looming, her shoes are covered in mud and all Coco wants to do is get herself back to her city friends. After all, things can't get any worse, right? It'll take a boy with no dress sense and totally hick boots, and a contrary horse called Cupcake to bring Coco to her senses. But it might just be too little, too late.


Love and Muddy Puddles is humorous realistic fiction aimed at children aged 10-12 and horse lovers everywhere. Set in Australia, this clean teen romance is a funny and inspiring story of how a horse, a listening ear and a hefty dose of mud can change a young person's life.



Hey! Here's my review.

I picked this up through a free promotion and it had been sitting on my Kobo for a while. I impulsively decided to read it while I was camping, and I'm so glad I did. Sitting by the campfire on an outback station, surrounded by wide open paddocks, horses and a buffalo, gave a perfect backdrop for reading about a family that moved from the city to a farm in country New South Wales, Australia. Being the dry season in the Northern Territory meant lots of dust, and not a puddle in sight though.

Love and Muddy Puddles is a middle grade/ya fiction novel dealing with issues such as fitting in, being popular, bullying, making new friends and horses. Although I never had aspirations to be one of the popular girls, and I never cared about fashion when I was Coco's age (which was a loooong time ago), I was still able to empathise with her. I loved watching her grow and mature throughout the book.
 


★★★★

  • Where: Kobo
  • Format: ebook
Purchase links