After You by Jojo Moyes

After You by Jojo Moyes

“You’re going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. But I hope you feel a bit exhilarated too. Live boldly. Push yourself. Don’t settle. Just live well. Just live. Love, Will.”

How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back where she started.

Her body heals, but Lou herself knows that she needs to be kick-started back to life. Which is how she ends up in a church basement with the members of the Moving On support group, who share insights, laughter, frustrations, and terrible cookies. They will also lead her to the strong, capable Sam Fielding—the paramedic, whose business is life and death, and the one man who might be able to understand her. Then a figure from Will’s past appears and hijacks all her plans, propelling her into a very different future...

For Lou Clark, life after Will Traynor means learning to fall in love again, with all the risks that brings. But here Jojo Moyes gives us two families, as real as our own, whose joys and sorrows will touch you deeply, and where both changes and surprises await.




Hey! Here's my review.

I read Me Before You a couple of years ago and loved it. It was my introduction to Jojo Moyes and I then proceeded to read everything else of hers I could find. When I heard that Me Before You was being made into a movie, I grabbed my copy of After You and patiently waited for the movie to come out so I could read it straight after.

After You picks up right where Me Before You left off and shows how the events in the first book have transformed Louisa. I don't want to risk spoiling either book, so this review is rather cryptic. The main point I want to get across though is read the first book, then read this one. Now. Off you go.
 


I listened to the audiobook. The narrator was fantastic and brought the characters to life. A great followup to seeing a movie.

★★★★★

  • Where: Audible
  • Format: audiobook