Little Gray Dress by Aimee Brown

Little Gray Dress by Aimee Brown


Hey Everyone!


I'd like to introduce you to Aimee Brown, fellow book blogger and debut chick lit author (sound familiar??). She's on virtual tour with her novel, Little Gray Dress. I was curious about whether Aimee's journey from blogger to author was similar to mine, so I asked her.

Aimee Brown is a writer and an avid reader. Little Gray Dress is her first published novel. My second novel is in the works now. She’s currently studying for her Bachelor’s degree in English Writing. She spends much of her time writing, doing homework, raising three teenagers, binge watching shows on Netflix and obsessively cleaning and redecorating her house. She’s fluent in sarcasm and has been known to utter profanities like she’s competing for a medal.

Aimee grew up in Oregon but is now a transplant living in cold Montana with her husband of twenty years, three teenage children, and far too many pets.

She would love to hear your thoughts on Little Gray Dress! If you’d like to chat with her she’s very active on social media. You can find her at any of the networks below. Stop by and say hello!


From Blogger to Author 
‘When Did I Realize I wanted to Write a Book?’ 

By Aimee Brown

I started Hello…Chick Lit in April of 2015 with the anticipation that I was preparing an audience for when I finally completed writing the book I so desperately wanted to write.

I’ve known I wanted to write for about ten years. It happened the moment I sat down with the very first Shopaholic book. I’d found my calling, in the form of chick lit. For some reason not long after, I sat down and wrote a story. I don’t still have it and it would probably be considered more ‘sweet romance’ than ‘romantic comedy’ but I loved writing it.

I enrolled in a creative writing class in 2009 and was nervous as all get out. I knew I would be possibly reading my assignments aloud. Luckily there were only about twelve of us in the class. It was so scary listening to others stories, none of them the genre I’d written in. They were mostly drama, fantasy and a few were even really depressing. Everyone was going for the feel of true, smart, classic literature for the most part. I don’t remember a single one that made me laugh or leave the class feeling good.

The day came that it was my turn to read my first story aloud. I had thirteen copies printed out for the class and the instructor. I literally hid behind my laptop as I read. I don’t think I looked up once. When it was over the teacher actually stood and applauded. She was impressed! She liked how I kept her attention, made the class laugh and tied up all my loose ends in a seventeen-page story.

“I think you might be a romantic comedy writer.” She said. It took everything I had to hold it together. No one had ever read or been read, one of my stories. And after all the stress I’d put myself through, she loved it.

“That totally reminded me of a Sex and the City episode.” One guy said. I took that as a HUGE compliment. That is exactly what I was going for and the lone nineteen-year-old dude in the class called it.

“It’s not even realistic…” the girl who’s story put me to sleep, whined. Another compliment. Why would I want a boring book? It’s FICTION lady. And chick-lit is fun, sometimes unrealistic and funny. I’d found my calling.

Now, being finally published is much like a dream. I thank God for that class because, without it, I’m not sure I’d have had the confidence to finally pitch a book to a publisher. I can’t wait to finish the next one and see where my new career goes.



Little Gray Dress by Aimee Brown

Emi Harrison has avoided her ex-fiance, Jack Cabot, for nearly two years. Her twin brother Evan’s wedding is about to end that streak.

From bad bridesmaid’s dresses, a hyperactive sister-in-law, a mean girl with even meaner secrets, and too much to drink, nothing seems to go right for Emi, except when she’s wearing her little gray dress.

When she speed-walks into Liam Jaxon’s bar, things get more complicated. He’s gorgeous, southern, and has no past with Emi. He may be exactly what she needs to prove for the last time that she doesn’t need or want Jack!

Her favorite little gray dress has made an appearance at nearly every major event in Emi’s adult life. Will it make another when she least expects it?

AmazonUSeBook – $2.99 | print – $9.99
AmazonUKeBook – £1.99| print – £6.99
Barnes & Nobleprint – $9.99



I have the cutest Giveaway for the tour - pictured here & open worldwide.
Included is a 'create' coffee cup, some dark & handsome K-cup pods, a cute Life is Short, Eat Cake wall art, some tiny macaroons, a Little Gray Dress bookmark & postcard!

Enter here: