Thanks Tess

Thanks Tess


Hey Everyone (Tess)!
If you've been reading this blog for a while, you would have seen me mention Tess Woods. Tess is my favourite Aussie author who knows I exist. My favourite Aussie author who doesn't know I exist is Liane Moriarty (Helloooo Liane! Here I am! I love you too!) In fact the reason I picked up Tess woods debut novel and read it in the first place was that the first line in the description on NetGalley read:
What would you risk to be with the love of your life? A family is threatened by an irresistible attraction in this compelling debut that will appeal to fans of Liane Moriarty and Anita Shreve.
Instaclick. Gotta have that one. And I loved it! Tess noticed that I liked it too, clicked "like" and commented on my Goodreads review. Then I messaged her to tell her I was posting the review on my blog. Then we found each other on Facebook. We had so much in common, studying the same course at the same university (though I didn't quite finish it....) Similar taste in so many things. Instalove! Well, instaonlinebestfriends. 

We have been in touch online on an almost daily basis. Then, the other day,Tess asked me for my address so she could send me a card. I pm'd her my address, and a few days later this arrived in the mail!


Beautifully wrapped, but a bit bigger than just a card...

book fan mail



Here's the card, with a lovely message that brought tears to my eyes 
(and hubby's eyes when I read it to him)




And what was inside? 
An inspirational quotes book 
and a block of organic chocolate, that didn't melt on it's trip to the tropics
(and tasted yum!)


Thanks Tess! 


Here are the purchase links for Tess' book
Love at First Flight
Amazon | Kobo | iconiBooks

Have you ever received fan mail or a thoughtful gift in the mail from someone you have never met in person?